Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:14:53 +0200

Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> wrote:

> By the way, it's a classic netiquette that chiding for off topicality
> is in general not a good thing. Namely, if this channel is not for
> feature suggestion, nor is it for telling others it is not. Because,
> that usually leads to more argument. Btw, the netquette is in one of
> the RFC.

Why would I intend less argument?
Really, I do want this topic to be explored and I'm not disregarding it
at all.  I am merely saying it should be discussed with participation of
the developers.  The only way of "succeeding" is going through them,
anyway.  And it seems unfair to bring up the issue here, where they
can't comment on why things have stayed the way they are.  Maybe the
only reason some parts of Emacs haven't been updated is because of
missing man power.  Who knows?  Maybe you can start on those 4 hours of
query-replace, then.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher