Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:13:23 +0200

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:23, Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Or because the concept of "File" is not as central as the concept of
> "buffer".

But Xah Lee is not arguing against the concept. He is arguing against
the terminology...

> The notion of "buffer" might be emacs specific, but it's not 1980's.

I don't think the notion of "buffer" is Emacs specific; as Xah Lee has
said, in other environments (editors, IDEs, etc.) they exist, it's
just that they exist under a different name ("workspace" being a nice
alternative).

   Juanma