problems with gnus, mime, and outlook

From: mpstevensuk
Subject: problems with gnus, mime, and outlook
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 06:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I'm having trouble using gnus to send email with MIME attachments. Or,
to be more precise, the people who receive them are having trouble.

I'm using emacs 22.2.1 on linux.

I can happily write emails and attach files, but they don't seem to
display correctly for people using MS Outlook - specifically, the
content of the message after the point in the buffer where I attached
the files is treated as another attachment.

Is there a way to do MIME that Outlook will be happy with?