Re: gdb with tramp problem

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: gdb with tramp problem
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:57:09 +0200

Joe Bloggs <who@cares.invalid> writes:

> locate-library gives "~/.emacs.d/tramp"

Oops, that is just the persistency file, and not the code. I would
expect the location of tramp.el as answer.

Anyway, I believe you have installed Tramp with Emacs 21 being
active. That's why tramp-gw.el hasn't been installed. And now it is
missing in Emacs 22.

You might fix it when you go to the directory where you have untarred
Tramp. Then try the following:

make clean
./configure --with-emacs=emacs22
make
make install

I assume, that "emacs22" runs Emacs 22 :-)

Best regards, Michael.