Re: Diacritics

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Diacritics
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:28:10 +0200

Am 09.07.2008 um 16:42 schrieb Henri Häkkinen:

It seems that diacritics are not working on my emacs. When I try to
press é, plain e is outputted and emacs gives me "<dead-acute> is
undefined". This seems to be the case for xterm too, althought they are
working for things like gedit and gnome-terminal. I am using emacs 23
and using it graphically (not inside a terminal). Any idea?

No. I have it too (also for other Emacs versions). And in xterm I'm a bit better off: "composed" characters are built. For example: ` and o becomes r ...

The first report on this issue I remember was in winter ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
                                – George W. Bush