Re: TeX vs LaTeX

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: TeX vs LaTeX
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:07:39 +0200

Am 17.06.2008 um 14:21 schrieb Joost Kremers:

the general consensus is that you should use either tex or latex, and not
mix them. so distinguishing between the two types of commands probably
isn't a high priority for many people, which means it isn't implemented in tex/latex modes or auctex. certainly with auctex it isn't impossible to configure the system to do what you want, but you'd probably have to quite a lot of customisation. personally, i don't think it's worth the effort.

Right. I am pretty sure I never use TeX in a LaTeX document to be compiled into PDF – why should I, what could I get? The use of TeX primitives sometimes cannot be avoided in CLS (or STY) files. And those who are able to do the latter don't need reminders.

The LaTeX Companion is a good orientation for LaTeX users.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue