Re: whitespace-cleanup + untabify?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: whitespace-cleanup + untabify?
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:07:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 14, 6:24 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dsevi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Dear all:
>
> > I'm a no tab person. I would like my whitespace-cleanup command to
> > also perform an untabify. How can this be done? I haven't found any
> > option that connects untabify and whitespace-cleanup. I'm using:
>
> > GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
>
> I have never used whitespace-cleanup (I use delete-trailing-whitespace),
>   but from the doc of this function it looks like it also untabifies if
> `indent-tabs-mode' is nil. Does not that work?

Hi, Lennart:

Yes, that's what I thought, but was not the case, as if I applied
whitespace-cleanup and then untabify, the file was modified (that is,
it still converted *some* tabs to spaces), so I assumed it didn't work
this way. I had indent-tabs-mode set to nil also.

Thanks,
diego.