Re: whitespace-cleanup + untabify?

From: Juanma
Subject: Re: whitespace-cleanup + untabify?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:43:06 +0200

On Saturday 14 June 2008, dsevilla@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I'm a no tab person. I would like my whitespace-cleanup command to
> also perform an untabify. How can this be done? I haven't found any
> option that connects untabify and whitespace-cleanup. I'm using:

It's easy to put things together in your own function:

(defun my-whitespace-cleanup ()
  (interactive)
  (whitespace-cleanup)
  (call-interactively 'untabify))

That's the quick&dirty-est way and you should mark a region to use it (as it
would be for 'untabify' anyway). Bind it to a key. Done.

But, does 'whitespace-cleanup' work for you? I mean, the documentation of
`whitespace-buffer' says:
| 3. Indentation space (8 or more spaces, that should be replaced with TABS). |

Saludos,
Juan