annoying shell problem in GNU Emacs 22

From: rocksong23
Subject: annoying shell problem in GNU Emacs 22
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 05:05:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm having an annoying problem with the shell mode in GNU emacs 22.1.1
which I haven't had in earlier versions (including emacs 21): if I
have more than a screenful in my shell buffer, then whenever I execute
a command, my window re-aligns so that the bottom of the buffer is at
the
bottom of the window.

In other words: I go to the command line at the end of the buffer, hit
ctrl-L (so that my command line is in the middle of my screen, where I
like it). Then when I hit return or execute a command, my command line
is suddenly at the bottom of my screen (where I don't like it).

Does that make sense? Like I said, it is really annoying. So if anyone
can point me to a setting to fix this, it'd be much appreciated.

--
Thanks, Peter