Re: Spell check: adding words to a file-specific dictionary

From: Yevgeniy Makarov
Subject: Re: Spell check: adding words to a file-specific dictionary
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:31:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Could you check the use of ispell-personal-dictionary? This
> variable's value might possibly be set in the file(s) ...

Good idea. Yes, ispell-personal-dictionary can be set in a file
variable. In fact, I found another option: add the line "LocalWords:
the list of words to ignore" (in a comment). This is not described in
the Emacs manual. The drawback for setting ispell-personal-dictionary
is that during spellchecking I can only add words to that file. For
LocalWords, I guess words have to be added manually. It would be nice
to be able to make a choice whether to add a word to the file-local
dictionary or the "real" personal dictionary, but I guess Emacs has to
be changed for that.

Evgeny