Re: really deleting an nnimap message

From: marklar
Subject: Re: really deleting an nnimap message
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:34:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 19, 6:00 am, Tassilo Horn <tass...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> marklar <markpr...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Marklar,
>
> > I'm using emacs22 with nnimap, and am having trouble fully deleting a
> > message.
>
> I think that's your problem:
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)IMAP") ]
> | `nnimap-expunge-on-close'

Thank you for the kind help, Tassilo

Adding (nnimap-expunge-on-close 'ask) seems to be mostly doing the
trick, but i'm still having
some old, deleted messages show up.  To put it more precisely,
messages that I delete are
gone, but there are a bunch of messages I moved to another folder this
morning with
B-m <folder name> that won't away.

If I do the following:
1. exit gnus, quit emacs
2. reopen emacs and start gnus
3. enter my INBOX
4. type /o to get my old messages,
then those messages are still in the folder marked with O.  If I press
enter to view the message,
gnus marks it with G and tells me the message doesn't exist.  If I q
the folder, reenter and press /o,
the messages are gone, but if I restart emacs and use the /o command,
they are still there.

Thanks,
Marklar