Re: really deleting an nnimap message

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: really deleting an nnimap message
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:55:10 -0500

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:56:25 -0700 (PDT) marklar <markprice@gmail.com> wrote:

m> However, I do find that the message is being stored in ~/News/agent/
m> nnimap/myaccount/INBOX

m> When I say that the message is being stored, I just mean that there a
m> record of the email in ~/News/agent/nnimap/myaccount/INBOX/.overview
m> that is being used to display the message in the summary buffer.

m> When I press enter to read the message, it gets marked with a G, and
m> the body is not displayed, given that it's not stored on the server.
m> When I try to delete the message with B-del, it tells me that the
m> article can't be deleted.

Maybe you can try turning off the Gnus Agent.  It sounds like that's the
problem.

For a foreign server: from the group buffer, press `^' to enter the
server buffer.  Use the Agent menu in the toolbar to turn off the agent
for the particular server.

For a native (defined in your .gnus.el file) server: edit the definition
to turn off the agent.

Ted