Re: Where to put .emacs in Windows?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Where to put .emacs in Windows?
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:14:38 +0300

> From: Nikola Skoric <nick-news@net4u.hr>
> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:54:49 +0000 (UTC)
>
> I'm sorry if there's a valid RTFM answer, but I did try to search the
> manual for this one... and didn't find the answer. Anyway, I
> downloaded Emacs for Windows and now I want to put my .emacs file
> somewhere where emacs.exe will see it and parse it. Now, where would
> that be?

Could you please tell how did you search?  If you used the `i'
index-search command, which strings did you try with it?

This information certainly is in the manual (see the node "Find Init"
which has a cross-reference to where the HOME variable is described),
so if you didn't find it, we probably need to improve the indexing in
the manual, or something else.

TIA