Re: Soliciting Recommendations for a Mail Client

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Soliciting Recommendations for a Mail Client
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 02:00:04 +0200

   > Hopefully I won't start a flame war...
   >
   > I've been using mutt for a bit over 10 years now, but I'm feeling the
   > irresistible pull to deeper integrate my life with Emacs.

   I've found that VM, mew and wonderlust are all quite good. I mainly use
   VM as that was the first emacs mail client I used. It has gone through a
   perod of less than desirable active maintenance, but now it is bieing
   actively maintained and developed again.

This is the main reason why I quitted. I am happy to see this has changed.

   mh-e is quite good as well is you want to use mh style mailboxes. VM
   uses its own mbox style mail folders. mew can handle maildir and mbox
   and I can't remember what wonderlust uses.

I have tested MH-E which is great but mh is hard to use. MH-E
does not integrate fully with mh IMO (There are many things that
mh supports and that you can't really use easily when in MH-E).

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org