Re: Windows Emacs doesn't understand UNIX symbolic link?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: Windows Emacs doesn't understand UNIX symbolic link?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:09:06 +0900

Yang <fz15@HPC.MsState.Edu> writes:

> Thanks for sharing the experience. That is a sad news if this is
> true.

I used to suffer a lot sharing a svn repo containing symbolic links.

> I used to use carbon emacs on a mac and that works fine with UNIX file
> systems.

Yes, Mac OS X supports symbolic links well.

> I like the looks and fonts of the carbon emacs. Now I also like
> the emacs looks and font rendering on vista. Is there any patch around
> to let the windows emacs understand UNIX symbolic links?

It sounds more like a system level problem to me, not specific to emacs.
I did a google and find this:

  http://www.pearlmagik.com/winbolic/

I've not tried it myself, but maybe helpful for you.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org