Re: Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state

From: bev
Subject: Re: Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 6:00 pm, Xavier Maillard <x...@gnu.org> wrote:
>    bev <f...@comcast.net> writes:
>
>        Hi all.
>
>        I'd like to figure out a way to open an outline file in
>        it's fully collapsed state, so that all I see is the
>        headers.
>
>    I believe you can add the string --
>
>      #+STARTUP: overview
>
>    -- to the very top of your file.  Check the info file:
>
>      (info "(org)In-buffer settings")
>
> Does this work with the regular outline-mode ?
>
>         Xavier
> --http://www.gnu.orghttp://www.april.orghttp://www.lolica.org

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying add that to the top
of every single outline file I have? (Hundreds). I don't want to do
that. I need a function that will simply run (hide-trees) every time I
open an outline file. I really can't take the time to go add a line to
hundreds of files. Also, I've never seen that before. Is that lisp
code?

Thanks

Bev