Re: "symbol's function definition is void: generic-character-list" from

From: Yasufumi Haga
Subject: Re: "symbol's function definition is void: generic-character-list" from eshell of 23.0.60.2
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:37:13 +0900

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:25:08 +0100
Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

| Am 16.03.2008 um 12:43 schrieb Yasufumi Haga:
|
| > But when I run "M-x eshell" it returns the following message:
|

| Can you reproduce it when you launch GNU Emacs as 'emacs -Q' or as
| 'emacs -q', with or without & ?
|
| For me it does not happen. I presume you have something set ...

Thanks a lot for your advice, Pete. Your advice helped me find out a bug in my
init
file (.emacs file). The way you told me such as 'emacs -Q or -q' was really
effective.
Actually, there was a path to a directory containing lisp codes for an older
emacs at
the end of "load-path" setting in my init file. So I removed the path from the
"load-path"
setting, and eshell started running normally ;-)
Again, many thanks, Pete.
--Yasufumi