Re: ECB and method completion

From: Arne Schmitz
Subject: Re: ECB and method completion
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:50:31 +0100

Alain Muls wrote:

>>> If I use this class somewhere, I would like to have ECB suggest the
>>> public functions/methods/variables
>>
>> That is not the point of ECB. You might want to try either GNU Global
>> with the Emacs xgtags.el or Semantic. GNU Global is very fast, but gives
>> completions that are semantically not always correct, whereas Semantic is
>> a bit tricky to set up, rather slow in parsing large projects but gives
>> semantically correct completions and type information.
>
> tx for your suggestions.
> I have never heard of GNU Global, do you have a reference?
> And as well for setting up semantic

GNU Global has its home at [1], and the Emacs mode can be found at [2].
Semantic can be found at [3], which also has a so-so active mailing list.
Make sure to get the CVS version of CEDET, since there are several
bugfixes, which are not incorporated in the last release.

Arne

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/global/
[2] http://home.tiscali.de/mgidde/Emacs.html
[3] http://cedet.sourceforge.net/