Re: records-mode ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: records-mode ?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:00:20 +0100

Hi Bastien,

   Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

   > I am now evaluating both records and notes. My preference goes to
   > notes-mode since its author is answering to all my questions.

   I don't know notes-mode.  Can you make it interact with remember?

Currently, there is no support for this ut it could be really a
simple task.

   As for the arguments about Org or planner having too many features, I
   don't understand them.  You won't get disciplined by just using tools
   that have less features.  And remember your living in Emacs, so there
   is always a doctor behind you :)

The problem is not the features, the problem is that I am
distracted by all of them :) I am lazy but curious so if I am
given a tool such as org-mode, it is unlikely I will be very
productive with it ;)

   In any case, if you find time to make a tutorial about notes-mode and
   remember, I guess the Org and planner community will be interested as
   well.

notes-mode is so simple and so easy that I do not think I will
have many things to tell about it. The process is simply:

1. emacsclient
2. open the note file of the day
3. jot down the notes
4. close the emacsclient frame

I do not have enough archive to use anything else. The author of
this package told me he had archives since '94 (~ 1Gb of data).
As I no longer have a TODO list, I do not promise anything for
the tutorial :)

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org