Re: Adding a colon as a word boundary for syntax highlighting

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Adding a colon as a word boundary for syntax highlighting
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:37:34 -0900

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>  Perhaps my thinking should be revised to mean
>>   "eliminate ':' as a word constituent"
>
> Better would be to describe concretely with an example what you want
> to do.
>

>         Stefan
:-) I want to highlight "second" as in (second lst)
or "second" as in (std:second lst)

I created an intermediary solution by adding a group
with ":\\(" as the left regex. Works as I want...

The full solution might be something like this (I think,
but haven't combined them and haven't tested)
":\\(\\|\\<\\(" Where the alternatives are 1)empty string
2)colon

Unfortunately, I don't code elisp or elisp regexes for a living
and I tend to forget most of what I've learned from one session to
another.
I believe that your logical explanation put me on the right track.
thanks
----
Tim