Re: Mac OS X load path

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Mac OS X load path
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:48:44 +0100

* Thierry Volpiatto (2008-02-18) writes:

> Add to your .emacs
> (add-to-list 'load-path "usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex")
> (require 'auctex) ;; or (load "auctex.el")

Please stop making such suggestions.  You are just making the life of
AUCTeX maintainers harder.

`load-path' is already taken care of by AUCTeX when tex-site.el is
loaded (via auctex.el).  And requiring `auctex' is also erroneous
because the file auctex.el does not provide the feature `auctex'.

The AUCTeX installation procedure usually picks a location in
`load-path' for auctex.el, so there must be something else wrong here.
My guess would be a bad interaction with the original Emacs
installation.

--
Ralf