Re: [apple-command as META-key in the terminal-emacs]

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: [apple-command as META-key in the terminal-emacs]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:26:21 -0800 (PST)

Fredrik Lundgren <fredrik.bg.lundg...@gmail.com> wrote:
«How can I get Apple-command as META-key in the terminal-emacs ('emacs
- nw' in the terminal) and otherwise standard key-bindings?»

I've sought a solution for this, but i think as Peter Dyballa said,
you can't.

Perhaps the closest solution, is to use another term app, or use the
one in X11.

of course, you can run term in carbon emacs as peter suggested. Start
it in a terminal like this:
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs &

then do “M-x term”.

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/