Re: Odd problem with GNU/Emacs CVS

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Odd problem with GNU/Emacs CVS
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:51:12 GMT

be, than you would have chosen. I thought that the
extraordinary nature of the thing, and the innumerable
misrepresentations which have gone abroad of it, many of which,
doubtless, have reached your ears, made it necessary that I should be
particular. But I would leave it entirely with your wisdom to make what
use of it you think best, to send a part of it to England, or all, or
none, if you think it not worthy; or otherwise to dispose of it as you
may think most for God's glory, and the interest of religion. If you are
pleased to send any thing to the Rev. Dr. Guyse, I should be glad to
have it signified to him, as my humble desire, that since he and the
congregation to which he preached, have been pleased to take so much
notice of us, as they have, that they would also think of us at the
throne of grace, and seek there for us, that God would not forsake us,
but enable us to bring forth fruit answerable to our profession, and our
mercies; and that our "light may so shine before men, that others seeing
our good works, may glorify our Father which is in heaven."

When I first heard of the notice the Rev. Dr. Watts and Dr. Guyse took
of God's mercies to us, I took occasion to inform our congregation of it
in a discourse from these words-A city that set upon a hill cannot be
hid. And having since seen a particular account of the notice which the
Rev. Dr. Guyse and his congregation took of it, in a letter you wrot