Hungry delete in any mode

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Hungry delete in any mode
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:32:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

I trying to create a general hungry-mode that can be used in alla
programming modes. Everything works except that I the following code
only rebinds <backspace> but not <delete> (nor C-d). What have I
missed? Has perhaps someone already solved the problem?

(define-minor-mode any-hungry-mode
  "Toggle Hungry mode.
     With no argument, this command toggles the mode.
     Non-null prefix argument turns on the mode.
     Null prefix argument turns off the mode.

     When Hungry mode is enabled, the control delete key
     gobbles all preceding whitespace except the last.
     See the command \\[hungry-electric-delete]."
  ;; The initial value.
  nil
  ;; The indicator for the mode line.
  " Hungry"
  ;; The minor mode bindings.
  '(([backspace]. c-hungry-delete-backwards) ;backspace
    ("\d" . 'c-hungry-delete-forward)        ;???
    ))

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw