Re: Cannot run PDB properly in emacs 22.1.1 on windows-xp

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Cannot run PDB properly in emacs 22.1.1 on windows-xp
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:55:52 +1300

 > Today I found a topic, which gives a clean description about this:
 > http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq7.html#subproc-buffer
 >
 > The output of PDB is buffered (by python.exe, not emacs) and cannot
 > been displayed.
 >
 > Now it works with this command:
 > python -u -m pdb test.py
 >
 > -u     : unbuffered binary stdout and stderr (also PYTHONUNBUFFERED=x)
 >          see man page for details on internal buffering relating to '-
 > u'

Perhaps then we should make the change below.  Does this workd for you?
Does it work for anybody else with Python on Windows?

*************** and source-file directory for your debug
*** 1622,1628 ****

      output))

! (defcustom gud-pdb-command-name "pdb"
    "File name for executing the Python debugger.
  This should be an executable on your path, or an absolute file name."
    :type 'string
--- 1622,1631 ----

      output))

! (defcustom gud-pdb-command-name