Re: image-dired shows images as text

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: image-dired shows images as text
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:45:56 +1300

 > I installed ImageMagick 6.3.7 and configured it with the image-dired
 > customization window along with the thumbs customization window but still
 > cannot display thumbnails. I always get the error message "could not create
 > thumb for ....". There may be something else missing in the image-dired
 > configuration besides what you mention here. I have put the full path name
 > of ImageDirect-6.3.7-Q8 for the image-dired thumb creation programs.

You don't say what system you are using (M-x emacs-version, or better still use
M-x report-emacs-bug) but there are two thumbnail modes in Emacs that use the
convert program from ImageMagick.  The other is thumbs.el.  What happens in
Dired if you mark several image files and do thumbs-dired-show-marked?