Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?

From: Markus Grunwald
Subject: Re: speedbar: how can I open a file with the keyboard ?
Date: 19 Dec 2007 08:43:50 GMT

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:02:42 +0100, Stephen Berman wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2007 15:00:53 GMT Markus Grunwald <markus.grunwald@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> seems like a dumb question to me, but: How can I open a file using
>> speedbar with the keyboard ? With xemacs, <enter> worked fine but in
>> emacs "RET runs the command View-scroll-line-forward". Hmmm.
>
> For me RET in speedbar runs the command speedbar-edit-line and it opens
> files.  This is both with the speedbar that comes with Emacs 22.1 and
> with the speedbar from CVS CEDET.  What Emacs and what speedbar are you
> using?

That't what I'm using:

> dpkg -l emacs21 \*speedbar\* | egrep '^ii'
ii  emacs21        21.4a+1-3      The GNU Emacs editor
ii  speedbar       1.0pre3-6      Everything browser, or Dired on steroids

After I read your message I tried to correct some keybindings in the
speedbar-mode-hook, but it seems it is not called:

(add-hook 'speedbar-load-hook
 '(lambda ()
    (ska-speedbar-keys))
    (message "==================== speedbar-mode-hook ====================")
)

This is my *messages* buffer after starting speedbar
with speedbar-get-focus:

Type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.

I tried "speedbar-load-hook" as well but it doesn't work. All the other
hooks which are configured in the same file get called. I have no Idea
what's going on...

I hope you can help. I am using the keyboard a lot ...

Thanks,
Markus