emacsclient usage

From: rustom
Subject: emacsclient usage
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:36:16 -0800 (PST)

Trying to use emacsclient (though not yet sure its what I need to
use :-) ) came upon the following questions:

1. How do I tell emacsclient that my server is not emacs but emacs-
snapshot-gtk ?
2. How do I tell emacsclient (to tell the server...) not to read a
file but to run a command (say remember)

Note in my attempts so far it barfs at the -e option though the man
page shows it. It accepts and ignores the -a or ALTERNATE_EDITOR
settings