[Solved] Gnus and outgoing Mail

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: [Solved] Gnus and outgoing Mail
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:26:40 +0100

Hi to all

We have succeeded at last. The problem was that my fried was using
Emacs 21 which is standard in Debian Etch. This version is seemingly
unable to send smtp-authentification in plain text. But this is what
the German gmx relay-server requires. There is a patch on EmacsWiki
under the rubric SMTP_AUTH together with the information that the CVS
version already contains the patch. So, we installed the CVS
emacs-snapshot for Debian. Now it works.

This also explains, why it has always worked for me but not for him,
because I always use the CVS snapshot.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Greetings

Sven