[OT] vcard fields arbitrary mapping

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: [OT] vcard fields arbitrary mapping
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:26:21 +0100

I submitted the present matter to the opensync mailing list but no solution
came from there.  Maybe some Emacs user out there has every faced the
following problem?

With some mobile phones (e.g. Nokia 6630, Nokia N73 etc.) it is possible, when
composing the addressbook, to arbitrarily change the predefined labels: e.g.,
I can change `home phone' into `wife's home phone' and so.  But then, when I
sync the phone with the PC filesystem, using the powerful `opensync' program
(http://www.opensync.org/), those changes are lost.

The problem is largely known and suffered by mobile phones users, as can be
read all over internet (see e.g.:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=11098

), and no solution there seem to be at the moment even for MS Windows users.
I think it's related to vcards structure, which has standard fields.

Can anybody out there say a word upon the matter?

Thanks
Rodolfo