Re: Emacs Environment Variables

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Re: Emacs Environment Variables
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 13:48:21 +0100

Peter Dyballa escribe:
> Do you start bash in a way that it executes your .bashrc?

I am afraid he means running emacs from an icon in its window manager
menu. Then it doesn't honor .bashrc, as it wasn't run from a bash
session.

If running Debian or Ubuntu he could move important env definitions
into /etc/environment. I am sure there are ways to do this on Fedora
or Mandriva systems.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres            GnuPG key: DE721AF4
                                       Jabber: ivalladt@gmail.com