bbdb phone hyphenation format

From: rustom
Subject: bbdb phone hyphenation format
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:58:52 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to use bbdb but it formats the phone numbers in a way that
is completely meaningless in this part of the world (India). I set
bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p to nil. No luck

Fished around by trying describe variable bbdb-phone-TAB and see what
is there.
What I found was:
Possible completions are:
bbdb-phone-area-regexp         bbdb-phone-ext-regexp
bbdb-phone-length                 bbdb-phone-main-regexp
bbdb-phone-regexp-1              bbdb-phone-regexp-2
bbdb-phone-regexp-3              bbdb-phone-regexp-4
bbdb-phone-regexp-5              bbdb-phones-label-list

but all of them seem undocumented :-((

Anyone has some tips on how to shut off phone number formatting/
hyphenation in bbdb?