mailing from within emacs under Windows XP

From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
Subject: mailing from within emacs under Windows XP
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:31:20 +0100

Aloha fellows,

my Thinkpads harddisk crashed and after exchanging it against a new one -strangest thing ever- NO Linux is running on this machine anymore ... have you words? Ok, but this is another story. Now, since I always had either Debian or Ubuntu running, mailing from within emacs never had been a problem since postfix worked as mailserver on the machine too. But, AFAIK, Windows XP, what I have running now instead of Linux, does not have a mail server on the local machine. Here comes the question: is it possible anyway to mail from within emacs under XP and if so how am I to do it? As of now I use Thunderbird ... which is not bad but not what I REALY like ...

Any ideas?

ray