Re: emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:36:05 +0100

Am 29.10.2007 um 22:15 schrieb Thierry Volpiatto:

I have 2 list of environnement variable but it's don't "talk me a lot!"

There are some obvious differences, of which the first two express that some Bash RC file produces them:

DISPLAY is a bit different (it could make a difference with more than one screen)
        INFOPATH and PATH have each an element more
        SHLVL are different and both extremely high

To cite the Monks: Complication! In my GNU Emacs 23.0.60's *shell* buffer SHLVL is just 2, so I think you can make your system a lot less complicated with a programme launched from a shell launched from a second shell launched from a third shell launched from a fourth shell launched from a login shell? I can't see an obvious cause for the failures, except that level of "complexity."

(I have one problem: my emacsclient programme is 23.0.50, and I can't easily "upgrade" to version 23.0.60 since this one does not compile in Mac OS X 10.4.10 – temacs fails. "Working around" this by compiling emacsclient directly in lib-src produces an utility that works fine from there!)

--
Greetings

  Pete