Re: Could anybody share the setting of their emacs for programming purpo

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Could anybody share the setting of their emacs for programming purpose?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:48:44 +0200

Am 19.10.2007 um 07:06 schrieb Mike H:

where do i download the fonts ? I am using redhat 4.

It's pretty old ... GNU Emacs, running in X11, gets its fonts from the X server. To install additional fonts (I think that is what you mean with "download"), you would either need to do this into one of the directories described by font path (xset -q) (and don't forget to run mkfontdir in each updated directory!) or add a new and additional element to font path which names the directory where you installed the new fonts.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.
                                           -- Robert Heinlein