Re: understanding emacs packages

From: knubee
Subject: Re: understanding emacs packages
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:05:17 -0700

> Why are you re-installing lisp packages?

I recently upgraded from emacs 21.4 to 22. Some of the packages I used
were not part of the earlier distribution. I am trying to learn about
ways to check what is actually included in a distribution. Are slocate
or manual inspection of site-lisp the two main options?

> What feature of your Linux distro would interact with Emacs packages?

I ask because I do not know.

> > - Does this mean that "planner-el" is an elisp implementation of
> > "planner"?
>
> Is there another possible  implementation of planner?

Um. let me rephrase my question: is planner-el a *replacement* for
"planner" -- or does it *rely* on it?