Re: cperl-mode

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: cperl-mode
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:28:14 +0000 (UTC)

In article <fbdrus$29qp$1@agate.berkeley.edu>,
Ilya Zakharevich  <nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org> wrote:
>[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to
>Tim X
><timx@nospam.dev.null>], who wrote in article
><87tzqfatlh.fsf@lion.rapttech.com.au>:
>> Interesting regarding your reference to reports that cperl-mode is almost
>> unusable under emacs 22.
>
>Of course, "usability" is a relative notion.  Some people would even
>use perl-mode...

Yesterday I went looking for the newest cperl.el -- my (oldish) record of where
to look was":

5361:<LI><a href="http://math.berkeley.edu/~ilya/software/emacs/";>Index of
/~ilya/software/emacs/  ilya's own version of cperl-mode</a>

What I found (here and there) was dated 2005, I think.

Where's the newer stuff (does anything even exist?)?

   (I'm currently using 21.3.2 on sparc)

And its *current* set of pros and cons?

AND, you said that some people prefer old perl-mode?

WHY?

(maybe stupid question, but what do *you* use?)

Thanks,

David