Re: an inconvenient difference in Emacs 22

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: an inconvenient difference in Emacs 22
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 00:08:39 GMT

Steve Newcomb <srn@coolheads.com> writes:

> In older versions of Emacs,
>
>     C-X C-F ENTER
>
> has always re-read the file associated with the buffer the user was
> already in.
>
> In my shiny new Emacs 22, this doesn't happen.  Instead, what is
> opened is the directory in which the current buffer's file lives.

That's what I've always thought ought to happen.  When I get around to
upgrading my Emacs, I will give three cheers.

Different strokes for different folks.  My Emacs never communicates
with anybody but me.  Time after time, when I was in a file and wanted
to look at the directory, I have forgotten to delete the slash at the
end of the prompt, with the result that nothing happened.  I always
wondered what the idea was.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Nonloving kindness is the more admirable kind.  :||