Re: doc-view: Document quality and find-file

From: Amy Templeton
Subject: Re: doc-view: Document quality and find-file
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:02:58 -0400

> Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 17.09.2007 um 17:17 schrieb Amy Templeton:
> > (2) When using "M-x doc-view" to find a file, Emacs tries very hard to
> > ignore PDF files

> Would it make sense to add some file types to file-name-handler-alist and
> make doc-view their handler? Then, I think, a simple v in dired buffer
> would invoke some doc-view method for exactly this file and file name
> completion would not be needed ...

Well, when I'm using dired I just use the doc-view-dired command (bound to
C-c d), but thanks for the suggestion. It's just that sometimes I don't
bother with dired if I'm just opening one file. So not a big deal, just a
minor annoyance.

Thanks again,
Amy

--
The  White Rabbit put on his spectacles.
        "Where shall  I  begin, please your Majesty ?" he asked.