Re: doc-view.el blog posting

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: doc-view.el blog posting
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 23:00:17 +0200

Am 03.09.2007 um 20:58 schrieb Bill Clementson:

Wouldn't libtheora be necessary for outputting OGG format videos?

Yes, libtheora is needed to encode video material. Ogg is just a container format for *some* streams of compressed data (audio, video, text).

Perian does not offer any ready to use tools. It only has the APIs and library functions. With QuickTime Pro or iMovie or such gadgets it might work to save the recorded scene in an Ogg container with Vorbis audio and Theora video contents.

If Perian is missing things like Theora, the XiphQT plug-in has it: http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/.

I am not doing anything with video or audio programmes (and my clone is missing spare time, too), except listening to some free music recorded at concerts or watching some funny video.

--
Greetings

  Pete

                -- Mark Twain