Re: deleting minibuffer

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: deleting minibuffer
Date: 30 Aug 2007 17:38:12 -0400

Nikola Skoric <nick-news@net4u.hr> writes:

> Second thing is: how do I force emacs to break lines for
me? When I write
> news posts, I want my lines to be less than 70 chars. Is
there a way to
> force emacs to break my lines for me?

Filling to break lines has been suggested. Possibly a better
method is to use longlines-mode. I understand it's built
into the newest version of Emacs. Those of us with older
versions can get it at emacswiki as an add-on.

Longlines will give you the line-breaking behavior that most
other word processors and text editors will give you.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for
Practical
Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by
e-mail
take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.