Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:31:40 +0200

Am 27.08.2007 um 18:07 schrieb Bill Clementson:

Also, I suggested using C-n and C-p to scroll the image. You changed
the bindings of C-v and M-v to scroll the image and added C-n and M-p
to do next/previous page. I think my suggested bindings are closer to
what people would expect (e.g. - C-v would move to the next page while
C-n would move down in the current page). In any case, if you decide
to keep the existing bindings, you should probably at least change M-p
to C-p.

This does not look right. The well-known scroll-up and scroll-down move an object in a window. A window is a view to some object. With doc-view the object is the PNG representation of a page in PDF. Scroll-up and scroll-down move the view over the picture. Some next- or previous-thingy is right for changing the object in the view – or turning the page.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.
                                            -- H. L. Mencken