Re: emacs 23 - german characters - babel/rdictcc

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: emacs 23 - german characters - babel/rdictcc
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:39:42 +0200

Hadron <hadronquark@googlemail.com> writes:

> David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

>> That's probably `rdictcc's (whatever it is) fault.  You can let bind
>> `coding-system-for-read' and `coding-system-for-write' to latin-1 to
>> tell Emacs to expect latin-1 encoded text from the process.
>>
>> David
>
> It works fine in emacs 22 for some reason.

The following made it work. I must admit to not having a clue why - the
plethora of options for locales, coding, fonts etc is mind numbingly
complex :)

(When I say "why it worked", I never had this line before and it all just
worked in
emacs 22 - so I guess it was picking up defaults from X or some such.).

(set-locale-environment "de")

--
BOO!  We changed Coke again!  BLEAH!  BLEAH!