Re: Whizzytex Zooming

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Whizzytex Zooming
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:16:38 +0200

Hi

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:54:20PM +0200, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

> When advi is started from a shell the option -nocrop solves the
> problem. Then it's possible to zoom virtually ad infinitum (hitting
> the > key).
>
> But how can this be achieved using Whizzytex?

I figured it out myself. It's explained in the advi
documentation. It's just to write an init file for advi ~/.advirc
containing the line `-nocrops'.

But the problem isn't solved yet. When I enlarge the advi zooming
factor so that only about half of the page is visible in a nice large
fontsize, the rest of the page is never displayed. When I move the
point in the Emacs buffer to a line belonging to the lower half of the
output page, advi's display doesn't follow the move.

So I tried to set xdvi as the default viewer of whizzytex. But it's
even worse here. xdvi doesn't even follow if the point is moved beyond
a pagebreak. It just remains fixed at the first page.

Is it really only possible to fully use whizzytex if you let advi
display the whole page at once (i.e. in a quite small fontsize)? Or am I
missing sonething essential?

Greetings,

Sven