Re: Wrong type argument: integerp, (48 . 57)

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Wrong type argument: integerp, (48 . 57)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:40:18 +0200

Alan <lngndvs@gmail.com> writes:

> I have been getting this message consistently for a few months.  I am
> using the CVS version of emacs on gentoo.
>
> Wrong type argument: integerp, (48 . 57)
> or other numbers, like:
> map-char-table: Wrong type argument: integerp, (127 . 127)
>
> May I request a clue?

It seems to me, we get this kind of error (Wrong type of arguments)
when there is a discrepancy between the versions of two packages.
(eg.  package P version V uses package Q version U, but we got
installed package Q version U+1 or U-1).

To track it, as indicated by Nick, set debug-on-error t, and find what
package calls what other, and then let's bug gentoo packagers ;-)

You never feed me.
Perhaps I'll sleep on your face.
That will sure show you.