Re: xemacs shell not flushing (on windows) when I get input from other p

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: xemacs shell not flushing (on windows) when I get input from other programs (such as perl)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:54:45 -0400

sandra_oconnor2@yahoo.com writes:

[...]

> temp.pl
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "How old are you?\n";
> $age = <>;
> print "WOW! You are $age years old!\n";
>

> Run inside emacs shell,  the >> indicates what I type
>
>>>perl temp.pl
>>>10    <------   waiting for input, hasn't printed 'how old are you' yet
> How old are you?    <------- prints the lot, including what should
> appear before the input was given
> WOW! You are 10  years old!

The first step is to tell us what you mean by "xemacs."  If you mean
XEmacs (aka Lucid Emacs), then people on comp.emacs.xemacs will be
much better able to help you.  If you mean Emacs with a GUI, then ...

Is there a reason you want it to echo in "real time?"  If you wait for
the output, you've still got the output, and you can browse backward
through it.

What is it exactly that you want to see happening?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician