Re: recommended font for emacs xft

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: recommended font for emacs xft
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:13:13 +0200

Am 15.08.2007 um 15:29 schrieb Tamas Papp:

I could not find a font that is just "right": Monospace-11
looks very "weak".  I am looking for something not to tall

Check out Lucida Sans Typewriter in Java.

DejaVu Sans Mono is an extension of Bitstream Vera Sans Mono (basically Latin/Losedows encodings) with glyphs from the Arev TeX font plus a whole lot more to support Unicode 5.0. For me it wastes space. Lucida Sans Typewriter is not that complete, but usually it's sufficient for me, although I haven't yet created really useful charsets.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.