RE: mthesaur v synonyms

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mthesaur v synonyms
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 07:34:18 -0700

> >> Sorry. I wasn't clear. It only works for me with the code below. The
> >> customization does not work because the key bindings are done
> before the
> >> customization section is invoked I assume?
> >
> > It all depends when your customizations (from Customize) are invoked. If
> > they are invoked after you've loaded Icicles, then, yes, some
> of them, like
> > this one, will have no effect, because the value will have already been
> > tested by Icicles.
> >
> > Your customizations (from Customize) are in either your
> `custom-file' (if
> > non-nil) or your `user-init-file' (most likely `~/.emacs'). In
> the former
> > case, the behavior depends on when you load `custom-file' (e.g.
> from your
> > .emacs).
> >
> > In the latter case, the behavior depends on where the customizations are
> > located in your .emacs. If they are evaluated before you enter
> Icicle mode,
> > you should be OK.
>
> They are in the default place afaik - at the end of the .emacs. I switch
> on icy-mode in my .emacs. is there a bettter way to do it?

No, that's fine. But you will need to do as you are doing now: set the value
of this option before you enter Icicle mode.

Keep in mind that you can load Icicles and your customizations in any order.
What's important is that you don't turn on Icicle mode until after you have
set the option value the way you want it. When you enter Icicle mode, it
checks the value, and if it's nil, then it does not rebind f5 etc. That's
all.