Re: Is there a nXhtml untag element function?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Is there a nXhtml untag element function?
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 01:51:24 +0200

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
andylech wrote:
I recently switched back to GNU Emacs after I found out about EmacsW32
and nXhtml.

I like both a lot but one of the things that drives me crazy about
nXhtml is that there doesn't seem to be anything like sgml-untag-
element from PSGML.  All it does is remove the start and end tags
around the current element, but I would think it has to be one of the
most important functions in any HTML/XHTML editing package.  I've
looked all over and I can't find anything like it.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will take a look at it as soon as I can.

I have added the function nxml-untag-element and bound it to

  C-c -

as in psgml. I noticed there was a function in psgml to rename tags too. nxml-untag-element is supposed to take care of that too by selecting the old element.

Andy, could you please test the latest beta at

  http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/nxhtml/beta/

and tell me how it works for you?