Re: Inferior Python Mode

From: Sönmez Kartal
Subject: Re: Inferior Python Mode
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:51:29 -0000

On 7 A ustos, 19:25, Matt <mcolemanfam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You might haven't add your Python directory to the PATH variable? Can
> > you run python with just saying "python" in the command line, if not
> > add it to your PATH then try again. It should run then... and Emacs
> > would find "python" too, I guess...
>
> Thanks for the help. However, I am not sure how to add Python to my
> PATH variable. I have tried adding several lines to my .emacs file
> without success. For example,
> (add-to-list 'exec-Python25 "/foo/bar/")
> I found this on another help page. My python directory is c:\Python25.
> Is this even the right idea?

Yeah.. but I think Emacs runs the command line "python" at the
shell...  So, ... If I remember correctly. Right click to "My
Computer" then switch to System tab.. or something similar..  or
"Advanced" I don't remember sorry.. You'd find a button named
"Environment Variables". Click to it and find PATH variable at the
bottom listbox of the window you'll see.. And add C:\Python25
directory to that path... If value of PATH ends with ';' character
just add "C:\Python25;" (Don't miss ; character at the end) If you
don't see any ';' at the end of PATH add ";C:\Python25;"...

Happy coding